So, I am finally home from the hospital. 5 nights and 6 days-about the same length as a nice vacation and whole lot more expensive unfortunately. Anyway, I am feeling pretty good, but my stomach hurts like a really bad side ache. I have a tube protruding from my stomach just below my ribs on the right side. Nothing is coming out of it. It is capped and if I took the cap off, bile would drip out. I have to have it in for 6 weeks. My mom is staying with us for a while to help out while I heal and I am so grateful for her. I don't know what we would have done without her. Thank you Mom!
Also, I must thank my mother-in-law, Claudia for coming to the rescue because I was supposed to be babysitting my niece and 2 nephews this whole week while their parents are on a cruise. So she swooped in and saved the day by taking over that job for me and I can't thank her enough. Thank you and love you Claudia.
Thanks for everyone who visited me, brought me magazines and sent me flowers; thank you for everyone in my ward who brought food to our house so my family wouldn't starve-or have to eat at McDonald's for every meal; and thank you to all of our friends and family who were concerned.
Thank you to my sweet hubby who visited me every night even though he had worked a long day and was starving and who brought me beautiful roses; and thank you to Aunt Lulu and Uncle Bryan who visited me and helped out by doing whatever was needed, and for Lulu for telling me to go to the doctor in the first place. Thanks to Jackson and London for being good sports through it all.
Here are a few fun pics on my last night. As you can tell, I was feeling pretty good. And I had had a long day with no one to visit me till Wes, Lulu, and Jackson showed up with a Jamba Juice.
Friday, September 5, 2008
I'm Out! Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





12 comments:
Cute pictures and pretty hair. :-)
I'll bet that was one delivery Wes was glad to make: You to your home. I'm glad that you are feeling better. Love Ya
Jenny
Saundra and Wes -
We are so happy to hear that things are so much better this week. What a way to celebrate your birthdays - two birthdays that you will never forget. We love you and our prayers are with you. Love the California Nyes
Saun! You always look beautiful, even after being in the hospital for several days! Glad you are feeling better...wishing you a quick recovery!
Wow, I haven't checked anyone's blogs for a while and look at what I miss!!! I am so glad to hear that you are doing well. I wish I was close and could come and visit or take your kids. I hope your recovery goes well. love you.
I'm glad that you are home! What a crazy week you all must have had. I hope that you were able to just relax and enjoy having nothing to do but lay in bed and watch t.v.! Probably not the vacation destination of choice! Take care and get feeling better soon!
Love, Jen and the boys
PS: We are coming home for Christmas, so we need to have a Wood Christmas party before Grandma Teddy starts to haunt us!
I'm glad to hear you are doing better and you're home! Ellen told me about the craziness, and I'm glad to hear you're better. If you need anything, call me, and that includes babysitting :)
Margie
I'm glad your out! i hope you get better soon! call me if you need anything!
Whoa. I'm glad that all turned out well with your surgery. You look good for being in the hospital! I love your wavy hair!
Crap! That sounds like it was rough. I'm glad to hear it all worked out o.k. I can't believe you and Laura had the same problem so close together. Maybe it's all that exercise you're doing!! Good job on that triathlon. I plan on doing one soon so you'll have to send me some tips. Anyway, you looked great through it all and it's good to see you're healthy now!
WHAT THE....Boy am I out of the loop!! I feel horrible that I didn't know anything about your surgery until right now!! I'm so glad that you are out and doing better! That is way too long to be staying in the hospital! I really wish I would have been up to speed on checking blogs because I would have come and visited you in the hospital! I'm so sorry I didn't know!! If you need anything PLEASE let us know!!! Happy Birthday to both you and Wes!!
Gall-lee..just kidding. Hey I am glad you are feeling better now. I saw Jackson today at 24 hr...he "escaped" while your mom was changing London. I don't think he knows who I am. But yes we should get together down in springville. My mom also had her gall bladder out. She has to be careful about eating fatty foods like alfredo sauce. She finds that coke helps break it down so she isnt so sick after eating it. Good luck with adjusting and fully recovering. See ya!
Post a Comment