Friday, September 25, 2009

Pancreatitis......what?

Last weekend I thought I had the flu. My stomach hurt like crazy and I was vomiting. I didn't have chills or a fever though. Finally, on Sunday night, I went to the ER. First I went to UVRMC. I walked into a waiting room with about 30 people in it. I asked the front desk receptionist how long the wait was....Two and a half hours! I was in so much pain and I did not want to wait that long. Also, she asked me what was wrong and I started to tell her my stomach hurt and she just wrote down stomach ache. I knew that was not going to get me in to see the doctor very fast. So I left and Wes took me to Timpanogos Hospital where I walked right in and was the only one in the waiting room. I got hooked up on morphine right away and was very relieved. So they tested my blood and I had PANCREATITIS-inflammation of the pancreas. Apparently this is a common sickness if you are a heavy alcohol drinker. So who knows why I got it. Anyway, I had to be on a clear liquid diet for 2 days and now I am feeling much better. Hopefully that won't happen again.
Pictured above...liver (red), gallbladder (small green), inflammed pancreas (yellow), stomach (pink)

6 comments:

Brianna said...

And your drinking problem is revealed... :]

Glad you're feeling better! AND congrats on your CNA!

mama said...

Sorry you've been sick --- hope all is well now. That's quite the picture of the afflicted area --- WOW --- I guess all of us have one of those.

Brittany Smith said...

Maybe you should lay off those alcoholic drinks for a while! I hope you are feeling better!

Callie said...

i think its the booze you arent telling us about! that sucks! hope you feel better, i've been thinking about you a lot, while we were on vacation kailey goes "why dont i ever see jackson anymore" i didnt know how to answer! and then i saw wes driving today and thought... i should call you. i will try to get to that but hopefully you feel better! and call me when you do!

M. Wright said...

Why do get all the abdominal stuff? I feel for you, cholectomy and now this......
Hope you are doing great now.

Ben-Lui said...

Sorry Saun to see you go through the pain, trouble and all. Yes, you are drunk with life, because you live life to it's fullest. Best wishes - Ben and family.